Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another Alternative to Adsense: Project Wonderful


Do you sell crafts online? Do you have a blog to help promote your crafts? Did you know that you can monetize your blog? Wait, I'm not talking about Google Adsense here... I'm talking about Project Wonderful.

Project Wonderful is sort of like Adsense, but not really. You can sell these "ad spaces" on your blog for a certain amount a day. If you get alot of traffic, you can sell ad spaces for more; if your blog does not get much views a day, you might still be able to make pennies a day. (Hey, It adds up!).

So a little bit more about Project Wonderful, it's like Google Adsense + Ebay mixed together. People will "bid" for ad spaces on your blog, and you can choose to automatically let them keep their bid, or manually approve them. Whomever is willing to pay the most will win the slot in your ad space. Your ad space can be almost any size. The most popular one is probably the 125x125 one. If you take a look on the right hand side of my blog, you will see two spaces for ads. That's what they look like, you can select how many rows and columns, size, text or picture ads, etc...

I was a little confused at first when I signed up, but after navigating around for a while, I was able to set up everything. You need to "submit" your blog information first, Project Wonderful will need to manually approve your blog. It takes about 4 days usually. When you create your ad space, make sure you choose the correct category. For me, I chose the "handmade" section, so most of my ads should be related to "handmade".

I hope I was able to explain it and make it clear, if you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment. (I always love them!)

On the other hand, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Adsense, Project Wonderful may also be another place for you to look :) As low as 1 cents a day per ad in some cases.

Happy Sunday!


I do not work for Project Wonderful, nor am I benefiting in any way (no referral systems or anything)


0 comments: