I thought I'd go ahead and share this tutorial on making a small origami box. Place a small gift inside for a cute surprise! Let me know if you guys have any trouble with the steps.
- 2 Origami square papers (different color) - the ones I used were 17cmx17cm
1. Start out with the blank colored side facing up. Fold the paper in half, creating a rectangle, then unfold. Repeat with other side.
2. Fold all four corners to the middle.
3. Fold the bottom and top parts toward the middle.
4. Unfold both top and bottom until you see just the two triangles on the left and right side.
5. Turn the diagram around and fold the top and bottom to the middle. You should now see two white squares on the sides.
6. Fold the sides to the line and make creases (so that you see an X like the picture). Repeat this on the other end of diagram.
7. Unfold the diagram so that you see two big white squares again.
8. To create the sides of the box, grab the colored area of the triangle and fold it down.
9. Repeat on other side. You should now have the top half of a gift box.
10. To create the bottom part of the box, you must cut off 1 cm off origami paper, cut once vertically and once horizontally. Doing this will make the bottom part smaller so that the lid will fit.
11. Repeat steps 1 to 9 again to make the bottom part of the box. Use a ribbon to tie around the box.